Erin Sullivan MD, BScN, BMBS, CCFP, FP(ESS), DPD
Dr. Erin Sullivan graduated medical school from the University of Limerick in Ireland in 2013. She returned to Canada to complete two residencies through the University of Saskatchewan, Rural Family Medicine and Enhanced Surgical Skills. In June of 2018 she completed the University of Cardiff Diploma in Practical Dermatology, graduating with distinction.
The post-graduate training provided Dr. Erin with an extensive skill set which included not only emergency and family medicine skills, but also endoscopy, laparoscopic surgery, and operative obstetrics.
Dr. Erin’s work in rural Saskatchewan as a GP-Surgeon gave her the opportunity to be a true generalist. Her experiences there encompassed everything from emergency medicine to palliative care. Because of her additional surgical training she performed procedures ranging from caesarean sections to colonoscopies.
Prior to becoming a physician, Dr. Sullivan was an emergency nurse who worked in some of the most remote Inuit and First Nations communities in the Canadian Arctic. Many patients have commented on Dr. Erin’s gentle touch with procedures, which she credits to her nursing background.
Dr. Sullivan is an avid outdoor enthusiast. When not in the clinic she can often be found either hiking up mountains or attempting to ski down them!
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of Alberta, 2003
- Operation Smile Fellowship, 2012
- Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery, University of Limerick (Ireland), 2013
- Family Medicine Residency, 2015
- Canadian College of Family Practice (CCFP), 2015
- Enhanced Surgical Skills Residency, 2016
- Nick and Germaine Danilkewich Award in Family Medicine (2015)
- Diploma in Practical Dermatology, Cardiff University (Wales), 2018
- College of Physicians of British Columbia
- Doctors of British Columbia
- Canadian College of Family Practice
- Canadian Medical Association
- Canadian Association of Aesthetic Medicine
- Wilderness Medical Society and Canadian Society of Mountain Medicine
- Clinical Instructor, Department of Family Practice, University of British Columbia
- Assistant Professor, Department of Family Medicine, University of Saskatchewan