How Botox can stop excessive sweating
Are your underarms constantly soaked and your shirts stained? If so you’re not alone. Excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis) affects roughly 3% of the population.
End the embarrassment and enjoy life with one of the safest and most effective treatments for excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis): Botox. That’s right, at our Vernon skin care and vein treatment centre, we can use Botox Therapeutic to treat your severe sweating.
When people think of Botox, they think of an anti-aging treatment. But for more than a decade, doctors around the world have been using Botox to treat excessive sweating.
And not just under the arm. We can also use Botox Therapeutic to treat severe sweating in your hands, feet, face, scalp and groin.
How do you know if your sweating is considered ‘excessive’?
- Do you change your clothes more than two or three times a day?
- Do you carry sweat management supplies such as towels, antiperspirants and perfume with you on a daily basis?
- Are you afraid to raise your arm because of sweat stains?
- Do you worry about buying new clothes that could get wrecked by your excessive sweating?
- Have you ever been given a prescription for medication to treat your severe sweating?
- Do you think about your excessive sweating regularly throughout the day?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of those questions, you might be a candidate for Botox Therapeutic.
As Vernon skin care physicians with special interest in dermatology, Dr. Bill Sanders and Dr. April Sanders can help determine if Botox Therapeutic is right for you. If antiperspirants don’t work and your daily activities are interrupted by severe sweating, we can use Botox to treat your severe sweating.
How Botox stops excessive sweating
Botox® works to end excessive sweating under your arms, hands, feet, face, scalp and groin by interfering with the signal your nerve endings send to sweat glands. Since the effect fades over time—about 6-12 months—you’ll want regular Botox® treatments to maintain your new sweat-free lifestyle. In less than 10 minutes and with minimal discomfort, you can leave our office and head out into the sun without worrying about sweating.
Learn more about how to treat your excessive sweating by visiting www.sweatmanagement.ca, or reading this British Medical Journal article on treating hyperhidrosis with Botox®.